Oct 11, 2017

[INTERVIEW] Kei for 30 Something Promo, "Musical debut? The members support me with videos"

(T/N: Only Kei's parts are translated.)


The musical '30 Something' was born from the famous song with the same name by the late Kim Kwang Seok. It's not the story of Kim Kwang Seok, but it will rather be made with the representative song composed by composer Kang Seung Won. It starts with a question that everybody relates to, like, 'What choice would you choose if you could turn your life back?' and life's biggest regrets and memories, and calmly draws the story about love and choices at 30s.

Most of all, '30 Something' has attracted attention for being directed by Jo Seung Wook PD, who played in the success of JTBC 'Hidden Singer', 'Phantom Singer'. Here, B1A4 Sandeul, musical actor Baek Hyung Hoon, girl group Lovelyz Kei, etc, joined forces for the most anticipated musical this winter. OSEN recently met with Director Jo Seung Wook, Baek Hyung Hoon, and Kei where they shared various things.

Below is the interview with Director Jo Seung Wook, Baek Hyung Hoon, Lovelyz's Kei.


Q. Tell us about your impression on joining '30 Something'.

"I've originally had a lot of interest in musical, but I didn't think the opportunity would come so quickly like this. Musical is a dreamlike genre to me, but I couldn't give it a try, so when the opportunity came, I didn't want to miss it. When I was first offered, my company had a lot of appeal to it. I guess I'm really lucky. I study every day and enjoyably doing my best."(Kei)

Q. Is there a reason for casting Baek Hyung Hoon-ssi, Kei-ssi? Also Sandeul-ssi who isn't present.

"When I see Kei-ssi on programs, she has the spirit and is enthusiastic. It's her first musical, but seeing her learn so hard, I'm sure she will definitely do well, so I offered her the role. I think she can become a charming actress in the future, meeting expectations. Seeing her practice in reality, I don't think I made a mistake (in casting her). She's catching up well. Perhaps Lovelyz's fans will be able to see Kei-ssi's new aspect through this musical. Because Kei-ssi is usually feminine and innocent, but in our musical, she's easy-going, brave, and confident. Nevertheless, she is armed with the lethal aegyo that is distinctly Okhee (Kei, Yoo Joohye), who is different than usual. Please anticipate Kei-ssi's different dimension of aegyo."(Jo Seung Wook)


We can't forget Kei, who is taking up the challenge of musical stage for the first time since her debut. She's loved for her outstanding singing ability and, of course, her irreplaceable aegyo, she's expected to show a new color that she didn't show at that time through '30 Something'. Expectations are also high for Baek Hyung Hoon, who received acknowledgment for his singing ability on 'Phantom Singer' Season 1.


Q. For Kei-ssi, did the members give you a lot of support?

"I usually said that I want to do musical and the members know that. So they're giving me lots of support. We got our phones recently, so we contact each other. We send a lot of messages or videos and 'Fighting' gif (sticker) too. My thankful heart for the members is really big."(Kei)

Q. Looks like acting was hard for Kei-ssi. Have you ever learned acting?

"I've never learned acting so it was hard. So I read the script a lot and tried my best to do it like my own way of talking. Somewhere along the line, I received many help and still am. The seniors even gave me private lessons so there are so many people who I will have to thank for teaching me. I see my developing image while acting, so I love musical more and more."(Kei)

Q. Is there a number that you wish would climb up the charts through this musical?

"There's a song sang by Insooni-sunbaenim called 'Love Song'. It's a song that the young Hyunshik (Baek Hyung Hoon, Sandeul) and Okhee (Kei, Yoo Joohye) sing when they confirm their feelings for each other, and the lyrics are about everyday life. It's just an everyday life, but should we say that it pierces our heart? It's a powerful song. We think it's even better because we sing it together. We think that it'd feel really good if this song climbs up the charts through our musical."(Baek Hyung Hoon, Kei)


Q. For you three, what does age 30 mean to you?

"For me, it's 'heart fluttering'. I get excited thinking about 'What will I do at that time?'. There are many things that I can't try so I'm curious if I will be able to do everything around that time. I'm happy now too, and I think about how much happier I will be at that time. I like singing and being on stage, so I want to keep singing on stage."(Kei)


Q. Finally, please say a few words to the audience who have reserved their tickets, along with your Chuseok greeting.

"I'm preparing hard for the musical, so please come and support. I will work hard to show you not the side of Lovelyz's Kei, but the side of Kim Jiyeon the actress. It's really fun so I highly recommend it. Have a great Chuseok and please give the musical and Kei lots of love. Thank you."(Kei)

"Ticketing is open until the end of November, so it'll be good to spend your year-end plan with '30 Something'. It's fun even if you see it again and again, so please see it twice, thrice.(Laughs)"(Together)

Meanwhile, '30 Something' will be meeting everyone starting this 20th at Ehwa Womans University's Samsung Hall located in Daehyeon-dong, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul. For 7 years and above. A total of 150 minutes.

Source: 1, 2, 3

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter - @geulyz

Watch "Obliviate" MV

Search

BACK TO TOP

Popular Posts

Archive

Affiliations

HTML tutorial

Blog Stats

Established: September 14, 2016
Online:
Hits: (since 02/16/17)
Powered by Blogger.