Sep 26, 2017

[INTERVIEW] JIN, "The emotional 4D main vocal who is like a bowl of warm omelette rice"


what if...“If I had chosen a different path?”
This question that everyone has thought about (at least) once. The glamorous stars ask, ‘Will I only pursue my only dream in life?’ We want to bring up their other side that is nicely folded in their hearts. It's not something that can only be described with words, (but) it decorated their real image! bnt's planning interview 'What If' tries to see the realization of stars' other side that they dreamed of. -Editor's note-

Life is one big stage. On this stage, people decorate this world by taking their own roles and making beautiful scenes. But sometimes, because we excessively focus on others' assessment, their words bind you to yourself by shackles and your own personality is easily erased.

Through the eight installation of ‘What If’, we met with Lovelyz member JIN (Park Myungeun) who debuted in 2014. She's 22 years old and even though she's young, she believes in 'key' instead of 'shackles' and is firmly walking.

JIN who is in charge of main vocal in the team, released a predebut song 'Gone' and with that, she especially showed her emotional vocal. However, she says that an emotional vocal is a big mountain for a someone whose girl group sings a lot of dance songs.

“When a dance song becomes like a ballad, I feel a sense of shame, but I don't hate that side of me. I have to learn to love the voice that I sing with (and) I hope people will love it too. There's still not a lot of people who know my emotional vocal but I believe they will love it someday. The fans hope that the public will quickly know about it but I don't dwell on such a thing. Everyone has their time. I'll just slowly come to that time as well. I'm happy now too. I will become better from now on.”

We can't change the truth, but we can change our own figure whenever. This change is easily possible depending on where and how the key in your heart is kept. Park Myungeun's happiness came not from other people's eyes but her own heart.


Q. We're curious of what your impression on participating in ‘What If’.

While always being with the members, this is the first time that I'm alone so I'm really nervous. I have to carry out cute and lovely expressions for the shoot, but I'm shy and I don't think I can do it. I thought, ‘What am I doing?’ (Laughs) I hypnotized myself by saying, ‘Myungeun-ah, come to your senses.’ Today I realized the importance of the members and I appreciate it. Especially, thank you so much to (Seo) Jisoo-unnie who came to support me.

Q. Lovelyz has been pretty active this year. From Lovelyz in Winterland at Samsung Card Hall early this year to Alwayz at the Olympic Hall. In just half a year, your venue doubled in size and all seats were sold out. How do you feel about it?

I'm very thankful to be holding two concerts in a year. I'm thankful to the company people and my heart is also thankful for the fans. I thought that I needed to prepare harder as a singer. While talking, it sounds like an award acceptance speech. (Laughs) I will not disappoint the fans.


Q. You sang 25 songs for 3 hours during Alwayz. The Lovelyz members went up to the sky, filled a (toy) gun with t-shirts and launched them. You unfolded various stages, but looks like there's a point that you remember (the most) among those.

I'm still shaking when I hear ‘WoW’. At that time, the unnies from the company were watching from below the stage and it was somehow touching. The company people saw our mature images so it felt electric and their gazes were very good. I especially really like the setup for ‘Aya’. While riding on an ambulance and shooting shirts, (when) we went off the stage, the fans went ‘What~’ and I liked that. I was really impressed with the idea for that stage. (Laughs)

Q. Looks like this year becomes a meaningful year for Lovelyz. You got your first #1 after debut. If you were to tell these grades to the Myungeun-ssi who was practicing to become a singer, how do you think it will be?

Firstly, I would think it's absurd. I didn't have confidence, so... of course I wouldn't believe it. Because for me, holding a concert, our song getting #1, I think that I have went over the big mountain. If I were me at that time, I don't think the thought of doing those stages would even cross my mind.

Q. It's hard to willingly associate Myungeun-ssi who has the job of a celebrity with ‘no confidence’.

I went to audition alone when I was a trainee. I didn't say to my parents that I wanted to go because the cost for (training) academy was expensive. Instead, my older sister took the role as my teacher and I practiced (with her). I went to auditions like that and I had to wait for the results. The indefinite wait was hard for me. My friends around me trained at an academy. The academy was affiliated with agencies so they were given lots of opportunities to audition. (Because) I had to do it on my own, I thought, ‘Can I do it? Will I be able to do it?’ When I went to the audition place, there were many pretty unnies and they sang well too. I was dying a lot.


Q. Nevertheless, you've succeeded with Lovelyz. Looks like there's a song that you like the most while promoting.

Right. I always failed my auditions, so I thought, ‘Let's see this last one.’ I ended up in Woollim Entertainment. It's good to see. (Laughs) I like all of our songs but among them, I like ‘Shooting Star’ the best. When I think about that time, it's delicate. It has the feeling of the season at that time so it's good. I like the bass or tone that is in the song too. When I listened to the guide, it was good.

Q. Has being a singer always been your dream?

Yes. I've liked ballad since I was little. Especially Younha-sunbaenim! At retreats or school festivals, I definitely went out and sang. When I went up the stage, my friends would tell me that I did well so I thought I was average. One time, I was sick so I felt like I couldn't go on stage, so I took a medicine in advance and I managed not to get sick and I think I sang with an unusual kind of passion. At the time, I have practiced singing at home to prepare for the festival. My uncle who was living with us came in and said, ‘Bravo~Myungeun could be a singer’ while praising me. Since then, I think I naturally wanted to become a singer.


Q. Why did you like singing?

I like listening to the song that I sing. But there were lots of times these days where I wasn't satisfied while recording. I especially feel really sad and ashamed when I sing a dance song and it turns into ballad... It's a mountain that I have to overcome. It's a part that I have to practice a lot as a member of Lovelyz. But I don't hate that side of me. Like the saying, I have to love myself, (then) other people will love me. I think that I have to learn to love the voice that I sing with (and) I hope other people will love it too. I have to try harder from now on for the fans who love me. (Laughs)

Q. Looks like you have an immense gratitude towards your fans. During the last concert, you said ‘I'm gradually learning as I perform. And I'm improving a lot because of Lovelinus.

When I'm monitoring (our) stage, when I see a mistake, I get disappointed by myself. I'm the main vocal but I don't think I look like the main. I have to practice and get better at the part that I wasn't born with, but when I don't do as well as I wanted it I really feel like giving everything up... I have times where I'm insecure. When I'm like that, I look at the letters or messages of support from the fans. Then I would think, ‘There are fans who love me like this. I shouldn't be like this.’ The fans raise me up when I fall, they're an existence that is really precious and that I feel really thankful for.



Q. There's many hard points, but it feels like a celebrity, a girl group, is a blessed occupation because the public is a friend and it's considered the driving force behind development.

That's right. I normally feel a lot, but during the concert, I'm really feeling myself. Especially on stage, when fans wave their lightsticks, I feel really, very, very thankful. (Laughs) When I see that, I don't regret choosing to be a singer as my dream. They give me letters on the way and when I go back from work. I read them in the car or at the dorm and to receive letters from them, I'm actually very thankful and I can only say thank you.


Q. Besides a singer, you cited that you wanted to own an omeburg (omelette rice+hamburg steak) shop as your different dream.

I fell for Japanese drama and ended up watching ‘There's someone that I like (Sukinahito ga Iru Koto)’. There, Yamazaki Kento runs an omelette steakhouse and when I saw that, I thought, ‘Ah, I want to open an omelette steakhouse too.’ I'm really simple, aren't I? (Laughs) The side of Yamazaki Kento who runs an omelette steakhouse was so cool, but the shop in that drama was really pretty. Each of the prop was cute. It was just at the time where the thought of opening a fruit shop disappeared. (Laughs) If I open a fruit shop, there are lots of bugs in the summer... The fans told me about this situation. Many people ask me, ‘Why did you change your dream?’ I told them that people change. (Laughs) But I will never change now!

Q. Do you like cooking?

I can't cook that well. (Laughs) My mom said that me staying still is helping her. I'm busy during when I'm promoting so there's no time to cook at the dorm. I've cooked a fried egg once and instead of using cooking oil, I used oligo sugar. (Laughs) Now I can really do it well!

Q. Oligo sugar... It's a bit worrying but if you open a shop, what kind of omelette steakhouse do you want to make?

I want to make it the same as in the drama. In it, Yamazaki Kento had an omelette steakhouse in front of the railroad. I also want to have a cute shop by the railroad and decorate it like in the drama. (Laughs)


Q. What do you hope your customers would be like?

Customers who don't get angry. (Laughs) I played a cooking game on my phone but the customers ordered the food in not even five minutes but they got angry. It was scary and my heart was beating hard so I couldn't play the game. I quit the game, but I think an angry customer will be really scary if I open a shop in real life. But this doesn't mean that no one will came, right? I can adjust everything. I'm confident with that. Although it'll be a bit scary. (Laughs)

Q. It'll be fun if the members come to help and play.

It'll be nice if everyone comes and they probably will. (Seo) Jisoo-unnie who came to the shooting location said that she will come and buy delicious food. Because it comes up in the article, unnie will definitely come. (Laughs) I hope the fans can come as well. If they come, I'll give them many services. Please come, everyone!

Q. When you watch the drama that Yamazaki Kento appeared in, one person appears a lot with ‘Tsundere’ style. Is Myungeun-ssi's ideal type that style?

My ideal type always changes, but I like the tsundere style. (Laughs) More than good boys, I like bad boys more. In ‘Sukinahito ga Iru Koto’ Kento appeared as Kanato and that character was really charming. He says ‘Baka, baka (stupid)’ everyday, I like it so much. (Laughs)


Q. I feel it during the interview, Myungeun-ssi's unique way of talking is quite charming. What do you think is your charming point?

Um... the familiarity? I can't be close with everyone but I think I have the personality of someone approachable. When I was little, I was raised by my grandmother so I'm not difficult with adults.

Q. What do you usually do?

I swim, ride bicycle, learn Japanese, and I also watch many old movies. ‘Begin Again’ is really sad. I enjoyed it. I take walks a lot with (Seo) Jisoo-unnie. Because we're roommates in the dorm. When we go barefaced and only wear hats, I don't know if people can recognize us. (Laughs)

Q. What is your hobby?

I like to listen to songs in a car while looking out the window. Spacing out, not thinking anything, I like that. Driving is the best. But the person who does that is only the Manager-oppa... I practice at the company building and when I go to the dorm, I'm pleased with that time. I like making Liquid Monster (slime) too. When I accomplish in making one, it's a proud (moment) and I like it. Autumn is coming, so I plan to make red one.

Q. In your past interview, you cited Lee Sung Kyung-ssi as your role model.

Correct. She's good at singing and acting, she's pretty, her figure is nice, she's good at everything. I liked that kind of image. (Laughs) But now I have none. If I decide on a role model, I think I will be copying that person. (For) the direction of my life, I don't like deciding on a role model. When I see someone that I like, I think it's just right to only (perceive) them as an influence.


Q. I heard you will release a new song in the second half of the year. Lovelyz is really busy this year.

It's nice when I'm busy and tired. I'm really busy during promotion so it's tiring, but when I ultimately rest, I uselessly think a lot. Working is better. (Laughs)

Q. I'm curious of Lovelyz's JIN, or Park Myungeun's goal in the future. 

I think it's very unfortunate that I can't showcase (myself) as Lovelyz's main vocal JIN to a lot of people. I want people to know more about my own color. The fans think this is regrettable too. My heart hopes that people will quickly know. I'm okay, though. (Laughs) When I was little, my mom even had to bring me to the hospital because I was slow. I couldn't walk until I was 5 years old. I tend to be slower than others but it's not a problem. That's it. I don't get discouraged because everyone has their time. Reporter-nim, compared to my early debut days, I've really become a dragon now. I believe that I can be more of a dragon from now on. I'm trying my best to do that in my own way so I'm hoping that the challenge will become a light.


At the meeting day for this planned interview, JIN had brought a toy, a slime called ‘Liquid Monster’. The unusual stuff that didn't suit a meeting place made her look cute and young. However, it didn't take much time to realize that that was (just) a preconception.

The 22 year old girl named Park Myungeun was a person with a great strength who, while being interviewed, was able to slowly and bravely go to her own world in the world of ‘Celebrity’ where she has to endure the attention and pressure. It perhaps came from her innocent purity and honesty.

The first member that the public recalls as Lovelyz's main vocal is Kei. It's because she gained recognition due to her ‘FlowerKei’ nickname, and received acknowledgement for her singing ability while appearing at MBC ‘King of Mask Singer’ as ‘Swift Mice Jerry’

However, inside the fresh, bubbly and bashfulness, there's the gifted JIN with her trained singing ability. The main vocal JIN with the trained pure and sincere emotion. The main vocal, whose strength is emotion in a girl group that has to dance, they're likely to grow less. Despite that, JIN's sincerity that is growing without stopping and waiting for the time is like a bowl of warm omelette rice by a secluded railroad with a calm emotion that permeates into the public.


Source: 1, 2

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter - @geulyz

Watch "Obliviate" MV

Search

BACK TO TOP

Popular Posts

Affiliations

HTML tutorial

Blog Stats

Established: September 14, 2016
Online:
Hits: (since 02/16/17)
Powered by Blogger.