Oct 9, 2019

[INTERVIEW] SportsQ - October 2019 (Kei)

Lovelyz's Kei (Kim Jiyeon) who is promoting solo for the first time since her debut 5 years ago, created a warm atmosphere with her junior labelmates, group Rocket Punch.

At the round interview to celebrate the release of her first mini album ‘Over and Over’ on the afternoon of the 8th at a cafe near the Woollim Entertainment company building at Seongsan-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul, Lovelyz's Kei (Kim Jiyeon) said, “I'm still not close with the Rocket Punch members so they haven't heard the song yet. However, I heard that they're ‘looking forward to it’ from my manager. I want to treat them to a meal.”


Rocket Punch debuted last August as Woollim Entertainment's newest girl group with their album ‘PINK PUNCH’. We thought she would be boasting about her closeness with her co-workers Rocket Punch, but Kei (Kim Jiyeon) said, “We don't have a lot of chance to meet each other due to our busy schedules,” revealing her sadness about it, and said “When they have a stage or a showcase, I personally go there and give my support. Such support is a huge strength for singers.”

“I'm fond of them so much because they're my labelmates. Even if I'm not close to them, I continuously monitor their performances. They're doing so well. I want to become close with them through this solo album. I want to treat them to a meal not because I want to give them advice [but just because I want to.]” (Laughs)

To the question “The feeling of responsibility must be unusual for your first junior girl group” Kei (Kim Jiyeon) particularly said, “ I want them to think, ‘I want to become like Lovelyz's Kei-sunbaenim’ so I think I can't help but work harder. I want to become a senior that juniors can take examples from. When we were trainees, we dreamed to debut while watching Infinite-sunbaenim. We keep working hard even now to become seniors that Rocket Punch can look up to like that.”


Kei (Kim Jiyeon) wants her junior girl group to take examples from her. Then, in contrast, who is her role model?

Lovelyz's Kei (Kim Jiyeon) said, “My role model is BoA-sunbaenim. She's done so many different genres already and even now, she doesn't stop attempting things. I want to learn that attitude. Moreover, I want to become an artist that can be into various genres perfectly.” She confessed that while preparing for her debut, she participated in a lot of BoA's promotions.


Kei (Kim Jiyeon) said that not only Rocket Punch, she also received heartwarming support from her Lovelyz members whom are like family to her.

She said, “I wanted them to listen to the songs on the release day so I've been covering them up and they were so curious that they sulked. So I [eventually] had them listen to it and they said ‘It's a music that Kei can do well’, ‘This is such a Kei song’, ‘The song is so good’ and it gave me strength. They energized me by saying ‘Don't be discouraged.’”

The will-filled mini album of Lovelyz's Kei, who will showcase a different image from her existing one with her real name Kim Jiyeon, ‘Over and Over’ is available on various online music sites today (8th) at 6 PM.

Source: 1
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter - @geulyz

Watch "Obliviate" MV

Search

BACK TO TOP

Popular Posts

Archive

Affiliations

HTML tutorial

Blog Stats

Established: September 14, 2016
Online:
Hits: (since 02/16/17)
Powered by Blogger.