Oct 26, 2019

[INTERVIEW] Cosmopolitan - November 2019 (Yein)

The girl group comeback challenge <Queendom> on Mnet is an issue these days. It has to feel unusual for you. What do you think?
Actually, even before the first episode aired, I didn't expect that it would garner this much interest, and I realized the popularity [of the show] after seeing the number of views on Youtube. It's fun that it becomes an issue, but on the other hand, it also becomes a pressure.

Pressure is certain, but it must be exhausting physically as well?
These days, it's not too much to say that our 'daily lives=<Queendom>'. We can tape up to 3 episodes per week only for the reality show. When there's a competition/round going on, we can film more than a day. The practice time for the unit stage this time was short, so I practiced while crying almost every day. Because of that, I don't think I have any regrets about the results, because I thought, 'Ah, I've done my best.' My stamina has dropped a lot so I'm taking health supplements on a daily basis. Especially collagen! I also drink a lot of water.

It's a competition that determines the ranking of debuted girl groups. Even if it's fun to watch, sometimes I think that it's cruel.
None of my members expected that it would be this hard. Everyone tried hard and from rank #1 to the last rank, frankly, we did get hurt looking at the ranking. When we got 6th place, I did say, "Let's not linger on the ranking too much," to comfort myself, but inside, I was [still] upset. Now that we've competed a lot, I still think that I'm really good at taking on challenges. There are a lot of things I've learned after competing with the other teams, I feel my limits, and I think this program is a pain of growing for Lovelyz and also for me.

I felt this when you entered barefaced, but your skin texture is very nice! What's your secret?
I think my biggest secret is that I inherited this from my mother. My mom is like me, her skin is good, so I've never been to a dermatologist. Instead, when we're waiting in the broadcast station, I would wipe my makeup off in between to give my skin a moment to breathe. I can't have the camera shoot my face with blemishes, so I wash my face meticulously, and I moisturize my face and also my body when I have free time.

Then, do you tend to do makeup? You're at the age where you're most interested in makeup.
I appeared briefly on <Get It Beauty> in the first half of the year and I became more interested in makeup because of it. I can see as much as I know, and I think that, "I'm still young but I'll have to diligently manage [my skin] starting now." I usually care about the base of my makeup. When I apply liquid foundation lightly a few times instead of cushion, my skin looks silky no matter how tired I am.

Do you have any beauty style that you want to try, other than what you've been keeping since debut?
Our team name is Lovelyz, but our makeup doesn't have that delicate vibe. Stage lights are strong, so our overall makeup is thick and I rather wanted to try a concept that lets go of our makeup. Even at today's photoshoot, they did a soft eye makeup without pearls nor fake eyelashes, so I think I like that.

It's been 6 years since you debuted, but have you ever had any greed towards solo activities?
I'm busy with no rest just promoting with Lovelyz now, but if I'm given the time later, I want to try to practice my acting skills. I have a greed; a desire to build my skills where I can say my lines with sincerity, even if it's just one line.

Do you have anyone who is your muse?
I've always been a huge fan of Jun Jihyun-sunbaenim since I was little. Her unique vibe on top of her natural beauty is very charming, and I was completely charmed by her great acting transformation for each character. I also want to be someone with that kind of aura someday!

Source: 1
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter - @geulyz

Watch "Obliviate" MV

Search

BACK TO TOP

Popular Posts

Archive

Affiliations

HTML tutorial

Blog Stats

Established: September 14, 2016
Online:
Hits: (since 02/16/17)
Powered by Blogger.